Does your support team speak my language?
Of course! Our customer care team speaks all the languages of the countries we cover, like German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Polish, and more. And yes, English too, of course. So, language won’t be a barrier when you need assistance.
How does a Finom business account differ from a traditional bank account?
Finom is a fintech company and NOT a bank. Finom allows you to access some services associated with traditional banking, such as payments, withdrawals, and cards, but in the fastest and smartest way. With Finom, you can set up a business account in a few seconds, check your balance on the go, get cashback of up to 3%, create and send invoices, rely on real-time customer support, delegate tasks to team members, monitor your expenses and incomes, and have them categorized according to your habits.
When did the project start?
Founded in the Netherlands in 2019 by a group of experienced fintech entrepreneurs, Finom entered Europe’s market as the smartest and fastest e-invoicing solution. Now Finom is a trusted financial platform with approximately €1 billion in monthly transactions and serves thousands of entrepreneurs from France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain, and Poland daily.
How many customers does Finom have?
As for the second half of 2023, Finom’s customers include over 50,000 freelancers, self-employed, startups, and small to medium-sized companies from all across Europe.
Is my data safe with Finom?
Finom protects your data and guarantees the highest level of security:
Finom has no access to your online banking credentials, and they are double-encrypted (for additional protection) using passkeys or a one-time password that must be entered each time you try to log in).
All data transfers are transmitted over TLS-encrypted channels and are thereby protected via end-to-end encryption.
We do not store your personal data against your will or without your explicit consent, Finom is GDPR (DSGVO for Germany and RGPD for France) compliant, which means that you can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
How safe is my money with Finom?
Your money is in safe hands because we strive to provide a high level of security to protect it:
- With cutting-edge measures such as Passkeys and the added shield of 3D Secure, confidence accompanies every transaction.
- Your account is exclusively linked to your smartphone, providing an additional layer of protection, while real-time push notifications keep you informed of all account activity.
- Harnessing the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning, our platform is fortified to safeguard your account against financial crime and card fraud.
- The app allows you to customize security to your preferences: you can instantly block or freeze your cards, modify your PIN, and set up spending limits and access controls.
In addition to the security measures on the Finom platform and applications, there are also legal regulatory measures of the institution providing your business account, i.e. Safeguarding your account via Finom Payments B.V.:
- When you add money to your Finom account or receive payments, we ensure that the equivalent value of electronic money is placed in your account.
- It’s important to note that your Finom payment account isn’t a deposit account, which means we can’t pay you interest due to legal restrictions. But rest assured, we keep your money safe and never lend it to anyone else.
- We’ve established a separate Safeguarding Foundation, supervised by the DNB, to manage your money as safeguarded customer funds.
- We’ve partnered with reliable European banks like BNP Paribas to hold your funds. BNP Paribas is one of the largest banking groups in Europe, minimizing any risk.
- Even in unlikely scenarios, such as Finom or BNP Paribas facing bankruptcy, your safeguarded customer funds remain protected. They are not accessible to Finom’s creditors and would be returned to you under the supervision of the DNB.
Please note that PNL Fintech B.V. (Finom) does not provide or guarantee these deposit protection methods. For more information, please refer to the Terms of Finom Payments.
How does Finom differ from competitors?
At Finom, we are setting new standards for doing business, demonstrating how finances can and should be managed in the modern world – as easily as using your smartphone. With us, you can track your expenses and income and categorize your movement to know where and how you spend. We provide bank account aggregation so you can monitor all your flows in one board. You will have your IBAN, physical and virtual cards loaded with cashback and the chance to manage your invoices, matching them with transactions.
If I need help, can I talk to someone?
Finom users can rely on fast and prompt Customer Care support that replies and solves all your questions, concerns, and difficulties in a few minutes, in your language. You can reach us via a live chat in the mobile application and the web version or by email during office hours.
Under which license does Finom operate?
PNL Fintech B.V. (Finom) is a cooperating partner of a tech company with a full German banking license Solaris SE (Germany, Italy), and an agent of licensed electronic money institutions Treezor SAS (France) and Finom Payments B.V. (the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and other EEA countries). Finom Payments BV (Finom) is a licensed electronic money institution authorized by the Dutch Central Bank, De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB), to operate in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA).
Who are Finom's investors?
Finom has earned the trust and attracted the interest of global investors such as Target Global (investing in companies like Omio and TravelPerk), General Catalyst (a venture fund from Silicon Valley that has supported Airbnb and Kayak), and FJ Labs (a stage-agnostic consumer-facing fund founded by Fabrice Grinda and headquartered in New York, the number one angel investor in the world according to Forbes).
What is Finom?
Finom is a European fintech company built for entrepreneurs and small to medium-sized enterprises. We believe that small businesses are the foundation of the European economy, so our goal is to simplify the lives of those who provide for half of Europe.
We came to bring the technologies of the future to business management processes for entrepreneurs, enabling them to spend their resources where it matters the most: on their businesses and themselves. That’s why we combined all these different financial services, such as accounting, financial management, and a business account, into one convenient solution. Early-stage businesses can sign up for an online account within minutes and immediately enjoy our features’ advantages via our mobile and web apps.